Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Mountain Wanderlust

Mt. Rainer
(via: me)

Hurricane Ridge
(via: me)

Hurricane Ridge
(via: me)

Mt. Fuji
(via: dejatour)

Matterhorn
(via: globalimages)

Rocky Mountains
(via: aircoreyell)

Himalayas
(via: indigoguide)


Andes
(via: softpedia)


I saw my first really big mountain in 2009 when I was flying to Seattle to meet my parents for a vacation around Washington State.  We were almost there and I looked out from the airplane window and saw Mt. Hood and Mt. Rainer peeking about the clouds.  Ever since that moment I think I've had Mountainlust (I don't know if that's a thing, but it is now).

I've lived in Tuscaloosa for about a year now and am surprised how big of a difference the topography is from Birmingham.  Tuscaloosa is pretty much flat. Birmingham has a few large rolling hills, and I'm surprised how much I missed them.  To me, there's just something calming about a mountain.  I would love to visit the Alps in Switzerland and pretend to be Julie Andrews for a minute. If I could live in a little cabin in the mountains (minus the harsh winters), I think I would be in heaven!  I hope you enjoy these photos and can dream about running through a meadow with snow-covered peaks towering over you.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love your comments! I read each and every one and it really means a lot to me when people take the time to read my little blog. So please comment away! =)