Wednesday, March 14, 2012

11 Random Things

I was inspired by Amanda over at Apple Blue to do a modified version of the "11 Things" post.  



1.  I used to be goth.  About 13 years ago (gosh I feel old), there was a little adolescent/teen girl who LOVED Marilyn Manson, black nails, hair, and clothes, and rhinestone-studded dog collars.  It's amazing how much I absolutely did not give a flip what anyone thought of me.  I really should have bottled some of my spirit up and saved it for later in life.

2.  I used to paint in high school.  I had a really great art teacher and he was a fantastic mentor.  He brought out a creativity and confidence that I didn't know I had.  Another reason to support the arts in public schools!
 
3.  My dad took me owl calling when I was a child.  I know most of you are like WTF, but seriously, owl calling is a thing.  Just to clarify, my dad is a biologist and ornithologist.  We would go out at dusk and he had a tape of a Barred Owl and he would play it to call in the owls.  Of course at the time I thought it was the most boring thing ever.  Now I would have my camera out and be thrilled to see some owls.

4.  I wanted to be an interior designer.  I started out college with my mind made up that I was going to be an interior designer.  I ended up with a Bachelor's of Business Administration.  I think I made a good choice.

5.  My favorite instrument is the cello.  I wish I had some kind of musical talent, or I would try taking it up.  

6. I have never lived outside of Alabama.  When I was younger, the first thing I wanted to do when I graduated high school was to get the heck out of Alabama.  Well, I'm still here.  My husband reminds me that a place is just a place, it's what you make of it that matters.  Although I am beginning to agree with his thinking, I would still like to live somewhere else at least once in my life.

7. My favorite food is curry.  Thai, Indian, or Japanese, it's all good.  I seriously think I could eat it everyday.  

8.  I'm currently obsessed with NCIS.  I don't know why, but I love it.  I've been watching nothing but reruns of it.  I think a part of me wants to become Abby.

9.  I worked behind a diner-style grill for a week.  When the tornadoes came through the South last year, Tuscaloosa was severely impacted.  The day after the devastation, instead of going to work at the Amphitheater to sell tickets, I ended up cooking breakfast and lunch for the emergency workers for a week straight.  It was actually great to be doing even a small thing to help.  I also got to eat dinner with Charlie Sheen when he visited the area.  He brought us a ton of meals to distribute and we were pretty grateful for a break!  I cooked literally hundreds of burgers and I believe I am qualified to work at the Waffle House now. 

10.  I love baking.  I just don't like having too many sweets around to tempt me.  I just had my first cake balls a few weeks ago and they were eye-opening.  I can't wait for an excuse to make some. 

11.  I have to look at the Celebrity Sightings photos on MSNBC every weekday.  I have no idea why I am OCD about checking them.  Maybe it's just habit.  I could really care less about celebrities, but I guess it just gives me something to look forward to everyday!


I would absolutely love to hear your "11 Random Things"!





5 comments :

  1. Here are my 11!
    http://lorilynn-alittlesliceofspecial.blogspot.com/2012/02/eleven-things-and-inspiration-monday.html
    Xo Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love The Walking Dead too! I haven't watched any of this season yet though. I like to wait until the season is over and then watch the whole thing at once.

      Delete
    2. The Walking Dead is sooooooooooo intense this season!! I'm always on pins and needles watching that show! I LOVE IT!

      Delete
  2. OMG! Owl calling??! That sounds amazing!!

    xxAdrian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your eleven things.

    When I was 13 I wore dog collars and chains, super baggy pants and had short red hair. I can't believe I didn't give a crap what people thought, and like you wish I could have more of that confidence now. :)

    xx, C

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! I read each and every one and it really means a lot to me when people take the time to read my little blog. So please comment away! =)