Monday, October 1, 2012

Autumn Mantel

On Saturday I told y'all about the stupid hickory nuts I have at my house.  Well here's what I did with them.  I put the in the hurricane vases I already had and stuck a candle in them.  Yeah, not the most creative thing, but it gives my mantel a more autumn look.  I also grabbed a couple twigs from the yard and made some little felt leaves to hang from them.  It's not over the top, but it's enough fall touches to remind me of the season.  
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.  Mine was pretty uneventful.  My husband introduced me to Torchlight 2, which I've been playing quite a bit (I think he just wanted me to start playing video games again because I refused to play the new World of Warcraft expansion.  I'm done with WoW).  Anyways, I have a lot planned this week for the blog, my Etsy shop, and in real life.  I hope you all have a great week!

14 comments :

  1. Love it! By the way I tried to find your pom pom tutorial to link it in my post yesterday but I couldnt find it! :(

    I love the twigs!
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the owl and the little pom balls so much!

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smart way to use those hockory nuts!! Your mantel is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have a tutorial on your blog?Rx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that Pom Pom garland. I have a fake mantel in my bedroom. Perhaps that is what its missing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. For those looking for my tutorial on how to make the pom-pom garland, it's here.... http://darthpickles.blogspot.com/2012/08/guest-post-quiet-owl.html
    It's super easy to make!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hush up, Karen, I don't know what you're talking about! I think you did a very creative a lovely thing with those stupid hickory nuts. I'm inspired! I really want to do my own fall mantel, but I may be a wee bit too lazy. Or overwhelmed. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so warm and cosy! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great job decorarting! when i'm back from my trip i'll start decorating like crazy ahah i'm super excited to put candles and owls all over!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks great adn really fall-y. I need to do something fall like.. thanks for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh I love it! I'm sure going to miss my fireplace this year. Stay snugly warm!

    Katie Pea
    craftycrazylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cuuuuuuuute stuff! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that you have a mantel to decorate. It looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! I read each and every one and it really means a lot to me when people take the time to read my little blog. So please comment away! =)