Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Bottletree

 

Last Friday my husband and I went on a little date just to get out of the house.  I've been wanting to eat at Bottletree for ages, and I can't believe I waited so long.  The Bottletree is a vegetarian cafe by day and a music venue by night.  I have been to a few shows there but have never tried out their food.  If only I knew what I was missing.  

First off, they have awesome vintage decor.  Their velvet painting collection makes me drool every time I see it.  They also have a vintage/craft flea market once a month that is awesome.


My husband rolled his eyes a little when I told him it was a vegetarian place, but they also serve meat, so he got a Thai burger.  I got a Thai tofu wrap that was really good.  The best thing though was a dish called "Viking Funeral" (best name ever).  It's sweet potato fries with their homemade pimento cheese covered in vegetarian chili.  This, my friends, is one of the best things I've ever eaten. My husband agrees that next time we go there, we're just going to get a huge order of this and nothing else.  It's SO GOOD.


And since I haven't done an outfit post in ages, here's a glimpse at my new hair!  This is by far my favorite color so far.  And yes, it matches my lovely vintage dress!  I've been waiting for a lovely spring day to wear this and last weekend was beautiful.


I hope you all are having a great week!  I'm still trying to adjust to the time change, but I'm SO happy to have some extra daylight.  It at least lets me believe that my day is longer, even if it's not really!

9 comments :

  1. Those velvet painting, oh My! They remind me so much of my Great Grandmother her house was plastered every where!

    Loving the hair color & dress! I miss being able to dye my hair whatever color I wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look so lovely <3 i love your dress sweetie :) & this place is amazing !
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That place sounds soooo good! And fun! I wish I was visiting and we could go there!
    LOVE the hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh that place sounds delicious! And you + your outfit are SO pretty! Love the leafy detail on the belt :)

    <3 Megan
    http://kiddotv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this new hair colour! It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, such a lovely color! (hair AND dress)
    I wish I lived near a place as cool as that restaurant seems to be!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your hair! Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the dress is awesome. perfect pattern and cut! it seems like one of those pieces you can just throw on and feel amazing — i love dresses like that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look at you and your perfect outfit! You look dashing and have such amazing taste in dresses! No wonder I've purchased so many vintage goods from you...

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! I read each and every one and it really means a lot to me when people take the time to read my little blog. So please comment away! =)