Friday, March 23, 2012

Ch, Ch, Ch, Changes...


This sounds redundant, but where did this week go?  I think now that I know when my last day of work is (April 13th- FRIDAY the 13th-eeekkk!) I feel like I'm in some crazy time warp.  Although I'm looking forward to not working for a while, it's kind of got me stressed out.  I've been working for the last 11 years, with maybe a week's vacation ever year or so.  I'm leaving my job (and career of 6 years) as a box office manager to go to grad school.  You could say I had a pretty cool job.  Working concerts can be fun, but the reality is that it's just another job.  I really can't even tell you how many concerts I've been to, not even including the ones for work.  It's a LOT.  So needless to say I'm a little jaded.  I realized that I really wasn't enjoying my career anymore, and trust me, you REALLY have to love the entertainment industry to thrive in it.

So I'm throwing caution to the wind and making some changes in my life.  Just because I won't have a full time job doesn't mean I won't be working.  I've got plans to re-open my handmade Etsy shop and start my vintage Etsy shop.  I'm looking forward to being able to take an afternoon off to walk my dog or just read a book.  Life is just too short to not enjoy what you are doing.  I know it can't be all fun and games all the time, but I'm going to try to get as close to that as possible!



No comments :

Post a Comment

I love your comments! I read each and every one and it really means a lot to me when people take the time to read my little blog. So please comment away! =)