Monday, March 26, 2012

Wonderful Weekend- Forest Park





I had an absolutely wonderful weekend.  I met up with a group of friends for lunch in Forest Park, which is a little neighborhood on the east side of Birmingham.  After we ate I hopped across the street to Zoe's Vintage and swooned over all the great stuff they had (although it was a little too pricey for me).
There are lots of old houses in this neighborhood and they all have beautiful azaleas in bloom.  It was a perfect spring day and it was nice just to soak it in.
After that, I proceeded to spend more money at thrift stores than I ever have.  Of course I only spent about $50.00, but that's a lot to me!  I got a ton of stuff for my money: 6 dresses 6 skirts, 5 tops, a large needlepoint picture, a Merry Mushroom cookie jar in great condition, 6 dessert plates with mushrooms, and some various mugs.  I have so much inventory for my Etsy shop that I can't wait to get going on it!  Unfortunately I can't really do that until we move, so I"m just going to have to wait.  Sigh...
 I hope you all had a great weekend too!


3 comments :

  1. OMG! You got all of that for only $50! What a deal! I always feel like I spend way too much money whenever I go thrifting and spend more than $30, but if I were to purchase all that stuff new, it would probably cost 5X as much! I wanna see all the stuff that you got!

    xx Adrian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll post some of the stuff I got soon girl! I got some awesome stuff!

      Delete
  2. this looks lovely! that's an awesome amount for only 50 dollars - thrift stores can be so well priced sometimes! that store looks awesome, i have trouble finding things in my area these days. and that town looks great - very beautiful.

    <3 katherine
    fashion.kitkatherine.com

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! I read each and every one and it really means a lot to me when people take the time to read my little blog. So please comment away! =)