Monday, June 25, 2012

Weekend Review

 We had a fantastic weekend filled with good food, thrifting, and fun.  We hit up an estate sale that was in this plaza, and this sign was outside.  "It'll tickle yore innards?"  WTF?!

 Before we got started on yard sales Saturday, we stopped and got donuts.  I ate half mine before I though to capture it's glory on film.

 We also stopped at a store in downtown Homewood that said "Retro & Vintage" on the outside.  I thought ohh yay!!!  Yeah well, unless you want to pay $1,000 for a vintage couch that you could get at the thrift store for $50, it's not the store for you.

 When we got home from a day of yard sales, our house smelled like this fantastic roast.  It was yummy!

 Our neighbors foster dogs, which I think is great.  This little girl named Blair is one of their current fosters, and apparently, she's decided that our backyard looks like more fun than hers.  She's somehow managed to either jump over or crawl under the fence to get into our yard 3 times.  This weekend, our dog Mason was in the backyard when she did it, but luckily they got along.  She's a cute little stinker.

Sunday, we went and saw Brave, which was really good.  It was funnier than I thought it would be.

 I tried to use my mom's sewing machine, and I remembered why I always end up sewing things by hand.  Sewing machines are the devil.

I found this at the thrift store and couldn't leave it.  Not only does it describe how I feel most of the time, but I think it's hilarious that someone would take the time to make it!

How was your weekend?  Did you do anything fun?

 

2 comments :

  1. That dog looks like such a sweetie. <3
    xo bhrett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I loved that orange/wire looking chair, but not for those kind of prices. Geez.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! I read each and every one and it really means a lot to me when people take the time to read my little blog. So please comment away! =)