Saturday, July 7, 2012

Vintage Birmingham

A few days ago, we went to downtown Birmingham, Alabama to roam around for a while.  It reminded me that I live near an actual city with big buildings and everything.  Anyways, we walked by this store called Reed Books and we just had to go in.  It was really cool.  They had every old book you could imagine, and it was packed from floor to ceiling.  They also had a ton of antiques and oddities, which are always interesting. 


Next, we went to a place that I had totally forgotten about, which is just shameful on my part.  We actually do have a vintage store in our own town.  It's called What's On 2nd, and it's really awesome.  They have a good amount of vintage clothes at fairly reasonable prices (not thrift store prices mind you). 

I think I should win a prize for finding the most adorable, awesome little girl's dress of all time.  Seriously, is this not the cutest thing ever?  I kind of wish I could wear it myself!

We had a lovely time roaming our city.  I complain sometimes that Birmingham is boring and has nothing to offer, but all it takes is a little exploring to find the good stuff.

What's a unique local store that you've discovered in your town?

 

7 comments :

  1. That little girl dress is sooo cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what lovely photos! I wish there was anything like that near me. This town is incredibly boring, that's why I have to open my own shop! *dreams* I seriously love that Flamingo sign and both the girl's dress and the blue nautical dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos! Such a cute blog!

    Emma x
    http://beautyandrags.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little girl's dress is super cute. I always find stuff like that thrifting that I wish I could just magically make it grow into my size. They always have the best patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad I'm not the only one who wishes she could wear little girl's dresses! They have the cutest details! Thus my obsession with peterpan collars and puffy sleeves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those stores! I posted pics from Reed Books a while back, too. Jim Reed is so cool! Is Zoe's still over on Clairmont? I haven't been there in years, but if it's still there- they also have some cool vintage things (also not at thrift prices). Oh, and... P.S., I am adding you to a list of "Friends" on my blog sidebar. XOXOXO!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sadie! Zoe's is still there, but their prices are just to high for me. I love going to Silvertron and going across the street to look there.

      Delete

I love your comments! I read each and every one and it really means a lot to me when people take the time to read my little blog. So please comment away! =)