Wednesday, July 25, 2012

What I Wore- First Time For Everything

Dress & Pin: Estate Sale
Belt: Pangea
Shoes: Payless

Y'all be proud of me.  I finally did it.  I took outfit pictures in public!  And I lived to tell about it!  It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be, but I did kind of pick a special place to do it.  When I took photography in college (which was like 10 years ago, gah...) I did a project taking pictures in downtown Sheffield, Alabama, which is where this is.  It's changed a little in the last ten years.  They've put in some new sidewalks and a little landscaping.  However, it still has an eerie ghost town feeling to it.  There's abandoned stores and factories, and there's just something about it that I find incredibly beautiful.  I think I really do just like old things, whether it's clothes, homes, or towns.  Even if old means rusted and falling apart, there's just something intriguing about stuff with a history.

I got this dress and pin at the same estate sale.  I love that this dress has an old 50s factory worker girl look to it and fits just right.  And how could you not love a wooden pin with mushrooms painted on it!

 


8 comments :

  1. Love the outfit AND your hair!! Adorable!

    xoxo
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a perfect place for pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really liking that dress. And yay congrats on ourside WIW photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dress is great! Love the pin.. And I always love adding a good pin, especially a vintage one, to compliment an outfit :)
    ~Mel

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is amazing. What a great spot for taking photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair and dress are both amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I prefer the public/outdoor photos. I took some last week, which I will be posting tomorrow on my blog. You picked a great spot! I am glad you lived to tell us about it. LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! I read each and every one and it really means a lot to me when people take the time to read my little blog. So please comment away! =)