Friday, October 26, 2012

Neil Young & the Alabama Shakes Concert

First of all, I'd like to apologize for being MIA lately.  I had to work Wednesday and it totally threw me off (I'm not used to having to go to an actual job!).  Then yesterday I spent the day at the Tuscaloosa Amphitheater for Neil Young and the Alabama Shakes!  It was great to hang out at my old workplace and see some of my favorite people.  (I also saw some of my not so favorite people, and I'm pretty sure they cursed me for eating dinner backstage because I got the worst food poisoning and no one else did.  Still feel like I might die.).  Anyways, the show was great and it was great to see a show that I wasn't actually working at.

The Alabama Shakes were awesome!

We sang the national anthem before Neil's set! 

That man sounded as great yesterday as he did 40 years ago! 

Well, I hope you all are ready for the weekend and have some nice plans.  Tomorrow, I'm going to write a 5+ page paper on Facebook's IPO (whaaa...??) and watch Alabama beat Mississippi St.  Sunday, we're going to my hometown to the Rennisance Faire (which is one of the only fun things that happens in Florence, Alabama).  Monday, I hope we can go over to Mount Cheaha to enjoy the cool weather and fall leaves!  The trees are starting to get really pretty here, so Monday should be the perfect day.  Have a fantastic weekend!

 

6 comments :

  1. I love Neil Young so much!! And how cool that you were backstage! Hope you're feeling better after the food poisoning, it's just the worst :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm feeling a bit better now. Neil was so good. I hope I still have that much energy when I'm his age!

      Delete
  2. I am so jealous you saw Neil Young. So jealous. That's so rad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was so good. You can tell he's just a guy who loves to play music.

      Delete
  3. SO sorry to hear that you got food poisoning.
    HOW COOL that you got to see Neil Young!!! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so awesome that you got to see Neil Young! I absolutely adore him! One of my dreams is to see him in concert.

    xx, C

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! I read each and every one and it really means a lot to me when people take the time to read my little blog. So please comment away! =)