A few weeks ago my husband and I ate out and he ordered a meatloaf sandwich. I thought it was an odd choice at the time, but it came with a tomato and bacon jam that was beyond amazing. I had to find a recipe and make it at home. I did (original recipe HERE), and it TASTES SO FREAKING GOOD!!! Seriously, it doesn't sound appetizing and it doesn't even look that appealing, but this stuff is addictive.
Here's what you'll need...
- 1/2 pound smoked bacon
- 2 pounds ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 yellow sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash hot sauce (I added about 10 dashes of Sriracha instead. I think it took it over the top)
We made some breakfast burritos last night and put some of this on there. I just can't even tell you how good it was. I'm going to make some meatloaf tonight and slather it with this jam. This would make a great Christmas gift for the foodie in your life too! And it couldn't be easier to make. Please, do yourself a favor and try this out!