Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Amazing Anime: Sword Art Online


Sword Art Online has been described by some as the best new anime in the last 10 years.  A claim like that sets a high bar and creates a bit of skepticism.  The premise of the show is based around a VRMMORPG called Sword Art Online.  Only 1,000 copies of the game are released which causes a huge demand.  The game requires a virtual reality headgear system called NerveGear that allows the player to feel as if they are really in the game.  That takes a turn for the worst when the game's creator decides to remove the log out button and keeps the players trapped in the game.  If the headgear is removed in real life, the player's brain gets fried and they die.  On top of that, if the player dies in the game, they die in real life.  The only way out is for someone to beat the game.

As a lover of MMORPGs such as World of Warcraft (I'm a retired frost mage) and Ragnarok 2 (I'll be doing a review of this game soon), this anime was one of the best I've ever watched.  If you aren't into these kinds of games you can still appreciate the story and the wonderful animation of this show.  And if you are into these kinds of games, I'm going to have to insist that you watch this anime.  Seriously, you have to.  As usual, all 25 episodes are available on Crunchyroll for free!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love your comments! I read each and every one and it really means a lot to me when people take the time to read my little blog. So please comment away! =)