Monday, June 10, 2013

One Tattoo Outline Down, One Outline to Go

I finally got one of my thighs tattoos outlined last week!  Shane B at Nonstop Art in Birmingham, Alabama took my idea to a whole new level.  I couldn't be more happy with it and it's not even finished yet!  I'm getting another piece done on my other thigh next month and I'm looking forward to see if he can outdo himself.  He's set his own bar pretty high.

Side note: I debated about whether or not to put my tattoos on here for everyone to see.  No, I don't want anyone copying my tattoos, although they say imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.  However, a good tattoo artist would never copy another artist's work.  Plus, tattoos are one of the best forms of self-expression, so why would you copy someone else?  That's my 2 cents about it.  I appreciate everyone's insight on my post about tattoos last week!  It was interesting to hear viewpoints about the subject. 


23 comments :

  1. wow. it's going to be beautiful! (it already is!) I am so glad you decided to share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, very pretty!! I totally understand why you wouldn't want to post pictures up. Still thinking about if I ever should too, but right now I think I just won't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! It's beautiful! So much detail and the linework is just flawless! I can't wait to see it with color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was amazed how detailed he got with it!

      Delete
  5. That's badass!! What a great job he did!!!! Can't wait to see it when it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks awesome!!! I am really loving thigh tattoos. I'm so glad you shared this on the blog. It's beautiful. Can't wait to see it finished. If I could figure out what I wanted I would get a tattoo, but I just can't decide on one thing as my first.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! Can't wait to see it filled in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is gorgeous. How long did you have to sit while he did the tattoo?

    Heidi’s Wanderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took about 2 hours. It was a lot of detail!

      Delete
  9. Hello!!

    Is that Himeji Castle I see?
    Regardless, i can't wait to see it completed!
    The details are awesome!! Kudos to the artist!
    I like it very much!

    www.ColorfulExistence.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Himeji Castle! I'm getting in colored next week, so as soon as it's healed I'll post updated pictures!

      Delete

I love your comments! I read each and every one and it really means a lot to me when people take the time to read my little blog. So please comment away! =)