Monday, April 30, 2012

Pumpkin Puppy


Our little Pumpkin passed away in his sleep last night.  He had been in pretty bad shape since we found him almost starved to death outside our neighborhood about 6 months ago.  It seems like as soon as he got a little better, he would start to get worse again.  The initial diagnosis was distemper, which is fatal, but he didn't seem to have any of the right symptoms.  We took him to a different vet on Saturday, and he seemed to think it was Babesia.  He wanted me to bring him back in this morning to get a fresh blood sample to send in to test, but he didn't make it.

With the help of my mother in-law, this little puppy had a Facebook page with over 700 friends, and a whole network of support.  It seems like everyone who met him fell in love.  I know we did.  He just had the best attitude about everything.  He's honestly an inspiration to me.  No matter how bad he was feeling, he tried to make the best of each day.

It's been a really hard day for my husband and I, but the outpouring of support we've gotten from my family, friends, and complete strangers has overwhelmed me.  I cannot thank them enough for their kind words during this time.  

I will always have a place in my heart for this special little dog.  He taught me so much in such a short time, and I'll be forever grateful. 

I love you Pumpkin doodle.


No comments :

Post a Comment

I love your comments! I read each and every one and it really means a lot to me when people take the time to read my little blog. So please comment away! =)