Monday, July 9, 2012

Weekend Review




I hope you all had a great holiday and weekend!  I had a wonderful birthday on Thursday.  We went to Huntsville, which is apparently a thrifting meca of sorts, because everywhere we turned there were stores.  And not just little ones.  Huge ones.  There was one that was completely boarded up on the outside and had "Thrift Store" spray painted on the outside.  Needless to say I was a bit skeptical about going in, but I was pleasantly surprised, especially considering everything in the store was 1/2 price.  I ended up getting a ton of stuff that day and can't wait to share!

This weekend we went to a few yard sales that were just meh, but we went to one estate sale on Saturday that was so good we went back to it on Sunday when everything was 1/2 price.  Seriously y'all, it was so awesome.  I spent about $100, which is insane for me, but I can't wait to share what all I got.  Let's just say there are going to be some amazing dresses in my Etsy shop soon (and I'm not going to lie.  A few of them are ending up in my closet).  I thought nothing could top the estate sale, but we went to a pawn/antique shop right down the street from our neighborhood and my husband scored some amazing comics (like, SUPER amazing).  

We still have a ton of watermelon left over from the 4th, and as you can see Blaze enjoys it.  Mason, not so much.  He just spits it out.  

I have to get up today at 6:30am to go downtown to work.  I actually have to work 4 whole days this week.  It's funny how when you only work part time you are so much more motivated to work, because you see and increased monetary flow.  When you work full time you just expect what you get and nothing more.  Anywoo, I hope you all have a great week!

 

5 comments :

  1. Oh yay!!! I can't wait to see! :] So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your pup is a cutie! and i can't wait to see what all you got - sounds like you hit some real big jackpots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you had a great holiday and birthday :] I can't wait to see all of your thfit and estate sale scores!!! What a spectacular way to spend a weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see what you go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see what you scored at the estate sale.

    and now i want watermelon, hahahah

    xox Mama wolf.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! I read each and every one and it really means a lot to me when people take the time to read my little blog. So please comment away! =)